AMID Young Professional - Trainees
Trainees & AMID Young Professional
- Are you an ambitious MA-graduate, dedicated to countering urgent and complex global challenges?
- Do you want to become part of a blended international classroom (being able to attend during CET-daytime is a must)?
- And do you want to invest in acquiring the knowledge and skills needed for a professional to contribute to a fair and sustainable world?
Then the AMID Young Professional development programme might be the perfect fit for you. AMID Young Professional aims to identify, connect and educate change agents – those who will be tackling complex global socio-economic and environmental risks and catalysing opportunities, in pursuit of sustainable development. The programme facilitates (academic) reflection on the complexities of the world. It inspires trainees to move from individual success, and become system changing experts by taking on leadership roles in policy-making and governance.
As a result of completing the AMID Young Professional traineeship, you:
- have knowledge of and insight in the theories, playing field, skills and current themes in sustainable development and can apply these as a scientist-practitioner to the day-to-day practice of different types of organisations in the framework of the SDGs;
- have developed an academically supported critical approach towards sustainable development and practical training on the skills needed to act on this approach;
- can communicate and collaborate with all those involved in the field of sustainable development and work effectively across differences;
- take responsibility in, and influence the public discussion concerning sustainable development;
- can reflect on the field you are working in and on your own position;
- proactively take responsibility for your own lifelong learning process;
- have gained a full year of work experience in a junior position in a competitive field;
- are part of an extensive international network of ambitious (young) professionals in the field.
How does it work?
Do you want to participate in the Netherlands?
Those convinced of being the right fit for AMID, can apply and undergo a selection procedure. If you are selected to join AMID, we will match you with the available trainee positions, if possible. The AMID Young Professional academic year runs from February to February – this is also the duration of your employment when you are matched.
How to propose an organisation I (have) work(ed) for?
If you already work at an organisation active in the field of sustainable development and international cooperation you can also apply for AMID Young Professional. Read how to do so, here or contact us for more information (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Do you live outside of the Netherlands and would like to participate there?
If are you currently working in an organisation involved in realizing the SDGs based outside of the Netherlands and are you interested in joining AMID Young Professional from that organisation, please contact us. The call for applications is meant for those that are able to work at an organisation based in the Netherlands. If you are unsure if this is the case for you, please contact us (email@example.com).
What to expect from the academic programme?
The year is divided into four modules, which are cumulative and mutually supportive. Each of the four modules is concluded with a written assignment. We offer a blended programme in an international classroom: 75% takes place online, 25% takes place face-to-face. Our high-quality online lectures (on Fridays) are complemented by two-day, face-to-face trainings, in the AMID Global Network hubs, currently the Netherlands and Kenya. Preparation for the lectures will take up approximately four hours a week. We also organise additional activities, such as literature dialogue sessions, personal development sessions and webinars (of which the latter is not mandatory to attend).
What to expect from work?
As a trainee, you work in a junior position. The job package varies between, amongst others, policy-related work, communication, research or project management. All trainees work under the direct supervision of a senior colleague, with whom you conduct reflective and evaluative interviews.
Are you eligable?
Costs & imbursements